Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Day 3

Last night I slept for 5.5 hours. A little bit long, but as I explained in the last post I'll be gradually shifting to a 3 hour core sleep schedule.

Up at 8am, felt very energetic. Got some work done, did some abs. Drank water. Golf at 10:20, by the end I was a bit more tired. Had a smaller lunch, basically a salad bar @ HT with bean salad, corn, and chicken. By noon I was definitely ready for my nap. Slept from 12:30-1:00 and woke up feeling rather well.

Went to the lab I work at and put in about 3 hours of solid work. Note to self: writing and editing papers SUCKS! Now I understand why I am an engineer. We don't have to deal with that crap in school. I had an optics test at 4:30, and was really apprehensive the past couple days as to how I would do with the sleep schedule maybe taking a toll on my mental abilities. But suprisingly, I didn't feel the fog that I sometimes get the day of a test when I really try to be well rested and relaxed! I don't know why, but the test went fine and by 6pm I was ready for another power nap.

Another piece of advice: do NOT eat McDonalds and drink chocolate milk right before a nap. That is a bad, bad combo. Maybe it was the fact that I just passed out on a couch in the student union next to the McDonalds and got 2 phone calls during my nap -- I woke up feeling a bit groggy and dehydrated and still had that minor headache that I usually get by the end of tests. No big deal, just a nuissance.

So now I am ready for my evening work chunk! ...just about. I've got a ton to get done, namely 3 assignments for my biomedical design course that are due tomorrow and then this article draft needs to get finished tonight so I can give people a day to edit for Friday. All this, and tomorrow marks the start of the Photonics conference on campus that I really should make an effort to walk around at. If I have time.

My hope is that with a nap right now before some solid work, I will be able to take my core nap tonight and wake up bight and early to get more done. With any luck the next 2 days will be a telltale sign whether Everyman is a beneficial change for this man.

No comments: