Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Night 2

I took a 10-15 minute nap around 20:00. Felt GREAT.

But unfortunately it wasn't completely satisfying. I wanted another one almost immediately, but instead got up and walked around for a bit. A couple of chocolate squares later and a litre of water and I was ready for a couple more hours of work.

Now it's 23:30 and I think it's time for another little nap. Tonight I'll be shifting to a definite 3-6 core sleep schedule.

NEWS FROM POLYPHASIC FRIENDS:

Tomas (fellow developer at Shoeboxed) skipped 2 naps yesterday and overslept his core sleep by an hour. Right now I believe he's passed out.

Tee has now admitted that, like half of the development team, he's ready to try it out. With any luck, we'll have a group of overachieving college kids tossing in 20-hour work DAYS. On the downside, we'll also have to add 3 more couches in the office for napping... :P

Naptime!

3 comments:

studiVZ said...

guys, you are crazy!

But as long as there is Shoeboxed 2.0 for me to market soon, I'll get you all the couches you need! (I would tell Rolf, but he is sleeping in the back room...) I love our office!

Alex Klein said...

check this out:

http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2005/10/polyphasic-sleep/

it's the guy i've been telling you crazy sleepers about. he has some good tips about making a successful transition to polyphasic sleep if ya'll are serious about it

ak

Matt said...

@ak:
Steve Pavlina is quite unique. He has the ability to decide on something, set his mind to it, and achieve it. I remember reading his posts last year and thinking to myself, "I'd love to do most of these things, but I would start out, and then get distracted or lose interest for some reason or another...". I guess this is just self-discipline, and it's something to work on!

@julian:
Yes we are! When you're ready to shift your sleep schedule around a bit, let me know and we'll help you out.

It's suprising how much easier it is to attempt the sleep shift when there is a group of friends doing it at the same time. Even if they're not in the same room, being able to talk about it with someone and not have them look at you like you're half baked is REALLY nice!