Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Reboot

I've run into one of the biggest potential threats to this project's success: Laziness.

PureDoxyK warns about it in her post on reasons why NOT to be a polyphaser. Whoops. Looks like I'll have my work cut out for me.

Last night I turned off at 2:00 with the intention of waking up at 5:00. I've been a swimmer for the past 12 years or so, and for the past 8 at least did mornings at ~5-6 every weekday. So this isn't too big a problem. But I like sleep a lot. I've learned over the past two years that having a roommate awake and working when I need to get up for practice (6:00) means that at least one light will be on, and that REALLY helps with getting my lazy ass out of bed.

So my light was on when I went to sleep. Since it's fall break I was at home and mom thought that the light under the door meant I was still awake. She came on in to talk to me, and seeing me passed out decided it'd be the sweet thing to do to turn the light off! I really can't fault her for it -- she loves me a lot!

But this did mean that at 5AM when I woke up and went to the bathroom (on schedule!) without turning my lights on, everything was dark when I walked back in and so I rationalized to myself that there would be nothing wrong with just laying back down for another 3-hour cycle.

DAMN! I slept til 10am, giving myself a fresh 8 hours of sleep. Maybe this was needed after careless sleep deprivation the past week or so. I ran across a blog last night that described sleeping through an alarm or checkpoint as "rebooting", similar to a computer wiping out it's RAM and restarting.

So I guess last night will count as a reboot. It sets me back a bit, but I don't know what from....

I'm still looking for a good way to publish a journal log separate from my ramblings! any thoughts?

No comments: